Curriculum & Instruction Resources
Curriculum & Instruction
The Department of Curriculum and Instruction is responsible for the PreK- 12 curriculum, classroom instruction, and professional development.
Quality instruction is critical to improving the academic performance, achievement, and social well-being of the school district’s diverse student population. The Department of Curriculum and Instruction develops, implements, monitors, and supports all classroom instructional initiatives.
Our priorities include:
- A district-wide focus on student achievement, especially in reading and math
- An emphasis on high quality instruction
- District-wide use of data for informed decision-making
- High quality professional development
Department responsibilities include:
- Oversight at Pre-K - 12 instructional programming
- Review and selection of textbook and supplemental resources
- Professional Development for staff and administrators
- Monitoring of continuous student achievement and progress
- Integration of instructional technology
- Development and oversight of extended day and school year services
- Development of K-12 Graded Courses of Study (reviewed every 5 years)
- Implementation of classroom instructional initiatives
- Supervision of comprehension career and technical offerings, including industry credentialing pathways
We focus on research and evidence-based practices in instruction, curriculum development, student assessment and professional development.