Please use this guide to keep our brand consistent. It includes instructions for using our logo and mascot as well as our official colors and fonts. Individuals or organizations outside of the Bedford City School District who wish to use our logo or mascot must first get permission by calling 440-439-4520 or emailing email@example.com.
School and Community Relations
The Office of School and Community Relations oversees several areas within the school district. Those include enrollment and registration, homeschooling, school nurses, career and technical education, adult education and communications.
The Communications Office is responsible for advancing the vision and mission of the Bedford City School District by communicating and partnering with internal and external stakeholders to support the success of students and the schools. Our goal is to maintain effective, timely and interactive communications with students, families, staff and community members.
To that end, a variety of communications tools and practices are used to reach out to our stakeholders.
- Social Media: Facebook (BedfordCitySchoolDistrict); Twitter (BedfordCSD); Instagram (BedfordCSD); and YouTube (BCSD-TV)
- Publications: Your Schools newsletter (print), District calendar of activities, Quality Profile, news releases, brochures, Friday Cheer newsletter (weekly internal) and Tracks newsletter (quarterly internal)
- Flyers: Printed flyers are distributed to city halls/recreation centers, Southeast Branch Library. Electronic flyers are emailed to parents and guardians with information about activities in the schools and in the community via Peachjar, an online flyer delivery system.
- Automated phone calls, email, and texts via the Blackboard Mass Notification System
- BCSD-TV, Spectrum Channel 1025, is the District’s PEG channel (Public, educational, and government access television).
- Media Relations
- Photography and video production
- Special Events held throughout the year help to build partnerships and engage parents and community members. Some of these events include: ElderClass, SundayFunday, BHS Hall of Fame Induction, State of the Schools address, science fairs, open houses, band shows, concerts, plays and athletic competitions.
- Partnerships with parents, community and businesses are crucial to the success of our students. Some of these partnerships and community engagement initiatives include: Board of Education Walk-In Sessions; quarterly meetings with mayors, clergy and Superintendent’s Advisory Council; PTAs/PTSAs; Bedford Band and Orchestra Parents; Bedford Rotary Club; and Bedford Lion's Club.
- Progressbook: Progressbook is an extremely important communications tool for parents and guardians. It is the official grade book for the District and also serves as a communications portal between families and staff.
Communications and Parent, Family and Community Engagement are an integral part of the Bedford City School District’s Strategic Plan. The Communications Strategic Planning Committee assisted in the development of the District’s recent rebranding initiative, including the new logo, mission statement, vision statement and core values. Parents and community members were represented on this committee, and focus groups were conducted to get community feedback.