2020-2021 School Year | Coronavirus Info
The health and well-being of our students is always our top priority, so the District is closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) through the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) and the Cuyahoga County Board of Health (CCBH). We will be prepared to follow their response recommendations for schools.With the recently elevated concern over this outbreak, we want to take a moment to reinforce typical infectious disease precautions and share with you some of the things we are doing to ensure students have safe and healthy learning environments.Health officials stress a series of common-sense protections for our students, staff, and community:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content.
- Stay at home if you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
In addition to these measures, we are following all recommendations from the CDC to clean classrooms, bathrooms, cafeterias, locker rooms, weight rooms, and other public areas.