WELCOME TO COLUMBUS INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL
Columbus Intermediate School serves the needs of students living in the Bedford and Bedford Heights communities. We are a four- to six-grade building. We provide the bridge between the primary school and middle school experience. We are committed to providing a safe and nurturing environment where students are challenged each day to reach to their full potential.
Columbus Intermediate School is “Creating a Culture of Excellence”.
We believe that the role of our school is to demonstrate a commitment to the following goals:
• Develop rigorous academic skills in reading, writing, math, citizenship and scientific discovery that prepares children to be life-long learners
• Foster a positive attitude toward learning and our school community by infusing the “Respect: a Right and a Responsibility” motto.
• Set high expectations for each child and to promote self-confidence, self-esteem and a positive acceptance of oneself.
• Promote positive interpersonal relationships among students, emphasizing manners, respect and consideration of others.
• Develop an awareness of the similarities among people and the acceptance of the differences in their cultures.
• Foster an appreciation of the fine arts and the cultural heritage of our world.
• Develop an awareness of healthy bodies and physical fitness as an aspect to the whole person.
• Encourage a cooperative relationship with parents by keeping an open line of communication regarding the child’s academic, social and emotional progress while encouraging involvement in school activities.
• Encourage an open line of communication with community leaders and other active community members.