Columbus Intermediate School has about 425 students in grades fourrto six. Our school provides the bridge between the primary school experience and the middle school experience. We are committed to providing an environment that nurtures each child's ability to learn. The staff challenges every student to reach his/her full potential.
Our goal is to prepare students to be life-long learners who are Positive, Responsible, Independent, Diverse, and Empowered (PRIDE).
Our vision is reflected in the belief that we can make meaningful changes to our instructional and assessment practices that will make a difference in the way children learn.
At Columbus Intermediate School, we believe that the role of our school is to demonstrate a commitment to the following goals:
- To develop the basic academic skills of reading, writing, mathematics, citizenship, and scientific discovery, that prepare children to become life-long learners.
- To foster a positive attitude toward learning by providing a stimulating school environment and creative activities.
- To set high expectations for each child and to promote confidence, self-esteem, and a positive acceptance of oneself.
- To promote positive interpersonal relationships among students, emphasizing manners, respect, and consideration for others.
- To develop an awareness of the similarities among people and an acceptance of the differences in their cultures.
- To foster an appreciation of the fine arts and the cultural heritage of our world.
- To develop an awareness of the importance of healthy bodies and physical fitness as an aspect to the whole person.
- To encourage a cooperative relationship with parents by keeping them informed of their child's progress and by encouraging their involvement in school activities.
- To encourage members of the community to become actively involved in school activities and programs