Parental support is an important part of providing students a quality education. In the Bedford City Schools, there are a variety of opportunities for parents to become involved. Here are some of the major parent organizations:
- This parent organization supports teacher-building-principal educational activities. These include . . .
- Educating membership on legislative issues in the area of education
- Assisting teachers in seasonal events and student enrichment activities
- Providing a home-school communications link.
PTAs are active at every school in the Bedford District. For more information about joining, contact your school's main office. Note: at Bedford High School and Heskett Middle School, students may join the PTA and the organization is referred to as the Parent-Teacher-Student-Association (PTSA).
PTA Council - This organization coordinates the activities of all of the school PTAs. The council operates the concession stand at all football home games. Proceeds are used to provide scholarships to graduating seniors.
Bedford Band and Orchestra Parents (BBOP)--This group provides support for the Bedford High School Bearcat Marching Band. BBOP members...
- Raise funds for band uniforms and band/orchestra trips.
- Provide refreshments for band members and visiting band members during football games
- Serve as chaperones for Band Camp activities, music field trips, and football games.
- Operate a concession stand at Bearcat Stadium when the facility is rented to community groups.
- Provide scholarships to graduating seniors.
- Raise funds to offset the cost of Solo/Ensemble and Large Group music competitions, as well as annual trip to perform at Cedar Point
Parent Ambassadors -- The Bedford Parent Ambassador Team was formed in the fall of 2015 and currently includes representatives from each of the six schools in the district. Through informative meetings with the superintendent and district staff, members of this team are learning about district policies and initiatives so that they are able to:
- Serve as a resource to other parents, providing information and support.
- Be a link among parents, school and community.
- Represent the parent perspective to school administrators.